Updates & Information
Please keep in mind that visitation continues to be by appointment only and we ask that you consider deferring your visitation and/or ensuring visitation takes place in the outdoors until such time as Balwin is declared “all clear” by Public Health. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation
For Safe visitation Guidelines click Here
For Masking information click Here
Proactive Management – March 3, 2020
The Excel Society took immediate proactive action beginning on March 3, 2020 to alert our entire team to the COVID-19 epidemic and to put in place every reasonable measure to protect the safety and wellness of our team and the people we serve.
- COVID-19 Communications – Initiated high-priority COVID-19 Updates to all staff containing all relevant information and new directives to operationalize all Orders from the Government of Alberta and it’s associated public health agencies.
- Business Continuity Plan – Guided by the elements of the Excel Society Business Continuity Plan we initiated proactive measures and systems to prevent, and if required, to isolate and protect people who contracted COVID-19.
- Education & Prevention – Issued immediate new guidance, directives, fact sheets, and Q&As to all teams on hand washing, face touching, social distancing, heightened cleaning requirements, cough containment, working from home when possible, and how to self-isolate if infected or if returning from travel.
- Self-Isolation for Travelers – Directed all staff returning from international destinations to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Self-Assessment – Communicated and trained staff on how to conduct a COVID-19 symptom test for themselves and their clients.
- Visitor Restrictions – Directed all staff to implement a single essential visitor policy for each client of the Excel Society, with a COVID-19 Alberta Health Services Questionnaire and temperature test for all single essential visitors.
- Increased Sanitation – New heightened and rigorous cleaning requirements for all common surfaces and shared objects at the Excel Society.
- Cancellation of Community Events, Outings & Large Group Activities – Cancelled all community events, client outings, and large client recreation gatherings.
- Site Closures – Closed Excel Society Community Day Programs, Excel Society Main Office, and the Excel Academy in Calgary and Edmonton.